The Asana marketing team is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns that nurture existing teams and keep them engaged and retained. Our team is growing rapidly, and includes team members focused on product marketing, content creation, partnerships, ads, and lifecycle marketing.
We are looking for an experienced B2B Email Engagement Marketer, based in San Francisco to develop and execute initiatives designed to educate, engage, and ensure customers are successful with Asana. Using email, you'll connect customers to the tools, education and people at Asana that make success with Asana and ultimately their mission possible.
As the Lifecycle Email Marketer focused on Engagement, you'll build a deep understanding of customers and their needs, focused on encouraging continual engagement and guiding them along their journey. You’ll work with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Customer Success, Education, Analytics and Product to plan, test, measure, and optimize email campaigns. Your work will help customers maximize the value they get from using Asana so they can achieve their mission and goals.
What you’ll achieve
- Build and own lifecycle marketing program focused on increasing engagement using educational content to drive Asana value and stickiness.
- Create best in class emails programs (blast, triggered and automated drip campaigns)
- Partner with peers across marketing, education and adoption teams to develop lifecycle marketing strategies focused on education and messaging that leads to deeper engagement and wider usage.
- Pinpoint opportunities to optimize the customer lifecycle, test hypotheses, and use learnings to inform future marketing campaigns.
- Manage end-to-end execution of email campaigns including briefs, copy, staging, QAing emails, segmentation, and reporting.
- Source and analyzing market research, insights and product data to understand consumer segmentation and behavior, and identify consumer insights.
You love educating and helping customers succeed at scale. You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; operate with a strong level of marketing channel intelligence; bring creative ideas and solutions to marketing communications challenges, and manage relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- SaaS B2B background preferred, with 3-7+ years marketing experience experimenting with and delivering highly-successful adoption/retention and education strategies
- Experience with managing marketing automation holistically including email triggers, automated campaigns, and valuable/snackable content throughout the customer lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities and opportunities in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment with multiple internal decision makers and stakeholders
- Proactively looks for problems that need solving, then solves them. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and seeing that work reaches the finish line.
- Focused on fast but accurate execution—you can launch complex campaigns, drip programs, and list segmentation, without errors
- Familiarity with ESPs, Iterable is highly preferred
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.