Asana for Nonprofits is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, impact-motivated sales professional who holds themselves accountable to achieving results. As one of the first members of our growing Nonprofit sales team, you will join a talented team focused on helping our nonprofit customers understand and leverage the power of Asana.
This role will be instrumental in both landing and expanding business with enterprise nonprofits, as well as helping to define Asana’s go-to-market strategy for the nonprofit sector. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, and a big picture thinker who inspires our customers to move quickly by helping them see the same vision for the impact that Asana can enable them to achieve.
What you’ll achieve:
- Proactively manage a portfolio of nonprofit customers, serving as their main point of contact
- Define territory and account strategies that enable sales velocity in partnership with Sales Engineers, Sales Development Reps, Customer Success Managers, Professional Services and Exec Sponsors
- Be a key player in influencing how Asana achieves its goals in the Nonprofit vertical
- Navigate an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in and close deals with C-Level decision makers
- Build the instincts to recognize organizational, financial and behavioral structures and obstacles
- Exceed targets with support from a smart and collaborative sales enablement team
- Helping strategize the largest nonprofit revenue opportunities at Asana
- Experiment with new processes and revenue streams that drive value for nonprofit customers
- Pattern recognize and help strategize the nonprofit go-to-market strategy
- 4+ years selling directly into the Enterprise segment, 8+ years’ experience closing business
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior line-of-business and IT executives at large organizations
- Experience working directly with or knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Excited about the opportunity to co-create with cross functional partners in a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
- Proven ability in new customer acquisition, and account management, and ideally with experience selling into Marketing, Sales, Product, HR and Collaboration (IT) functions
- Experience closing strategic customers in a rapidly scaling business
- Ability to prioritize a mixed book of accounts, convey a clear position on the opportunities you have with each and organize/rally a supporting team behind your efforts
- Adaptable to changing conditions, entrepreneurial spirit, and solution oriented
About Asana and Asana for Nonprofits:
Launched commercially in 2012, Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Asana for Nonprofits helps nonprofits make an impact with Asana’s product, people, and services. Our success is linked to our culture, employees, and commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.