The Technical Operations team in Business Technology (BT) at Asana is organized to make things easy for our stakeholders. Our Technical Operations team helps build a scalable foundation of technology, data, and processes that turn our go-to-market strategy into results.
We’re looking for a Quality Engineering (QE) Manager to join this team in helping to lay the foundation for the QE pillar, empower cross-functional teams to ship quality code, and build and mentor team members. The quality architecture we are building is designed to scale with the rapid growth of Asana by focusing on automation, DevOps, and evidence-driven decision-making. This will lead to more frequent releases, minimize defect rates, increase test regression, and scalable test automation frameworks.
In this role, you will assure Quality in the Technical Operations portfolio. This means you will develop a deep understanding of the strategies, objectives, and key initiatives driving success for the business, as well as collaborating closely with stakeholders across Asana.
What You’ll Achieve
- Ensure the success of the QE pillar by partnering to drive execution, communication, and change management across various Quality initiatives
- Create, validate and finalize the 6-12 month plan to roll out QE processes and frameworks across Asana
- Define the QE process in alignment with the Project Intake process/Sprint process of BT, developing process flows for enhancements testing as well as for production bug fix testing
- Establish the different testing types as well as QE activities to be conducted in-sprint and as shared services across sprints
- Define metrics and baseline targets for QE KPIs
- Create “Shift Left” practices that combine quality with agile processes
- Based on quality hotspots and application criticality, finalize types of tests required and create a Test Decision Matrix (apps to tests matrix)
- Ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
- Organize the overall testing team for each project and establish clear roles and responsibilities
- Proactively detect misalignment and risk; gain consensus on appropriate actions to mitigate the negative impact
- Ensure creation, prioritization, and update of the Quality roadmap and work to maximize velocity
- 8+ years of overall QE experience with 2+ years in management roles with a strong understanding of testing principles and development methodologies
- Have a B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- Should enjoy working in an agile team environment with frequent release cycles
- Hands-on experience in automation including a sound understanding of the different frameworks like Hybrid, Data-driven, keyword-driven etc using tools such as Selenium
- Good knowledge of having worked in Agile projects including a strong focus on DevOps, CI/CD (using tools such as Jenkins, etc).
- Experience in Test Data Management
- Must have experience in Database Testing, Migration testing
- Hands-On Experience in writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test plans & Test Reports
- Able to identify, analyze and troubleshoot problems to fully understand the defect uncovered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & assertiveness
- Experience working with global teams
- You have experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce.com, peripheral apps that integrate to it, and how these support business processes
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of both the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and non-technology project lifecycle, including identification of business problems, development of business cases and project plans, and project management and closeout
- You have an immense curiosity and flexibility to tailor the best solutions for Asana, rather than operating from a honed playbook
- You love learning and have a passion for empowering others to do their best work
- You build strong relationships and trust with stakeholders, keeping them and their teams engaged and motivated especially when going gets tough
- You effectively interact with audiences at all levels to facilitate and influence decision-making and problem-solving across projects, programs, and teams
- Adaptable self-starter skilled at creating structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments, serving as a liaison between business and technical teams, driving effective, timely solutions
- Experience developing automation frameworks in Selenium
- Test Management and Automation tool certification
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.