We’re looking for a partner to our Finance, Sales, User Operations, Legal, and Product teams to maintain and process accurate billing transactions for Asana’s fast-growing customer base.
As a Billing Analyst, you will support the Revenue Accounting team by assisting in billings processes, in addition to the month-end close reporting process for revenue and ad hoc finance projects as needed. Asana has a high volume of billing transactions, so technical ability is essential as we connect the dots systematically between billing systems, ERP, payment processors, and our product. In addition, we’re scaling our order-to-cash process globally, and this role is crucial to its success!
What you’ll achieve
- Manage order fulfillment utilizing Zuora, including upgrades/downgrades and credit & rebills
- Be a business trusted advisor to the Deal Desk team, Sales team, Legal team, and other business partners
- Act as a subject matter expert in order provisioning and orders management
- Resolve tickets and tasks within the service level agreement with internal and external business partners
- Develop continuous business process improvements, system enhancements, and enhance documentation and controls as needed
- Perform month-end close tasks and SOX controls related to revenue recognition
- Able to work in a changing environment, which might require working at different hours to support international regions
- Participate in ad hoc projects as they arise across various teams (e.g., preparation of audit support)
- 3+ years related experience in revenue operations or order management, preferably experience at a SaaS company.
- Strong understanding of order-to-cash cycle and business processes
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and various deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Basic knowledge of ASC 606 revenue standards is a plus
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Process-oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- Experience with Zuora, NetSuite, and Salesforce a plus
- Desire to learn and grow in Revenue Accounting for a high growth business
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.