The Business Intelligence team at Asana creates analytic solutions that allow our business partners to turn data into actionable items. We are looking for a Tableau Administrator who will work with different technical teams on a unified approach to managing tableau. They will be in charge of creating and maintaining the framework that enables tableau desktop users in our organization to publish, share, manage, and connect to data sources and workbooks.
They have experience in visualization solutions, with a firm grasp of Tableau cloud, with an intimate knowledge of how to customize these attributes to business needs. They must also be able to connect the dots and develop our visualization strategy by monitoring developments that can support our cloud expansion—and lead the effort and strategy on how we implement it to our user base.
What You’ll Achieve
- Create, maintain, monitor, and support security frameworks
- Write and maintain technical documentation and develop SLAs for responses and fixes.
- Establish and manage connections with other environments for obtaining data.
- Monitor system health and resources via jobs, scripts, and events
- Develop relationships with the users that foster client ties
- Develop training materials for all new internal tableau users
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, computer science, or related field
- 4+ years experience as a Tableau Administrator
- Tableau Desktop Certification highly desired
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical ideas to non-technical people.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL queries
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Data Analysis
- Experience with Snowflake preferred
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.