The global User Operations (UO) team provides thorough troubleshooting and customer care with heart and authenticity. Our general support includes highly technical issues, billing inquiries, bug reports, and how-to walkthroughs. We have special teams focused on high-touch offerings for strategic accounts and on customer retention. Within the organization, we amplify customer voices in product development and help our other customer-focused teams achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced support leader, based in Tokyo, to empower UO team members in Japan to exceed their goals and provide real impact for the business. Each UO team member in Japan is focused on caring for customers as well as internal teams, but also on programmatic work like providing self-serve educational content and professional trainings.
Managers in UO put people first. We are looking for a leader who values transparency, balance, and collaborating with their direct reports. In addition to people management, you will be a champion of customer needs and help us bring customer experience into our decisions within UO and cross-functionally in Japan. You will assess new programs for UO in relation to team capacity and find ways to support Asana's go-to-market initiatives. You will develop a deep understanding of the product and our customers in order to lead by example.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead operational execution of your team
- Embody company values like equanimity and mindfulness
- Help direct reports prioritize and manage their work, including owning goals for key metrics like Customer Satisfaction
- improve the health of our team metrics, including time to first response, agent handle time, and customer satisfaction
- Handle customer escalations and participate directly in complex support policy decisions
- Empower your team to achieve their personal and career goals, as well as exceed expectations for their roles
- Contribute to scaling our operations, finding tooling and best practices that inspire high performance and foster a supportive environment
- Act as a hiring manager and create a culture of recruiting on your team
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- 4+ years experience on a customer support/User Operations team, bonus if at a global SaaS company
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
A passion for coaching and developing support talent
- A love of building teams and processes for long-lasting success
- Fluent in English & Japanese
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.