The Framework Engineering team builds the internal platform, abstractions and APIs that power all parts of the Asana web application. From core UI components, client performance libraries to data loading APIs, these frameworks empower product engineers to easily build highly-reactive and fast product features at scale.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help make our engineering team move even faster. You’ll use your engineering experience to identify points of friction and design new approaches which are easier and safer to use. You’ll create new APIs balancing their ease of use with making them powerful enough to support Asana’s featureful web application. You will work with our world-class team of engineers to enable new functionality, and influence the direction of software development patterns across the organization.
What you'll achieve
- Design, build and iterate on frameworks that affect every aspect of the Asana product
- Partner with product engineering teams to identify opportunities to enable teams to develop faster at Asana, and help the company achieve our goals faster.
- Analyze complex systems to uncover issues, root causes and points of improvement
- Champion code quality and best practices, through your role model behavior and through the frameworks you built
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, with experience working on technical initiatives aimed towards developer productivity
- Learn quickly and are comfortable regularly transitioning between different areas of a large codebase
- Able to make and articulate technical tradeoffs in decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Focus on establishing and spreading high quality software engineering patterns
- Familiar with React / GraphQL ecosystem and TypeScript (preferred)
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.