Asana is the source of truth for what our customers need to do to achieve their goals and that requires our product to be reliable, scalable and performant. Observability is critical to Asana’s success, providing engineers with insight into the real-world behavior of our applications and infrastructure.
The Observability Engineering team owns the services, frameworks, and best practices that provide Asana’s engineers with the tools they need to identify and resolve problems easier and faster. These include telemetry frameworks used throughout Asana and the end-to-end pipeline that ships, stores and surfaces metrics, logs, events, and traces.
As an engineer on the Observability team, you will collaborate across teams and organizations to understand user needs, create scalable solutions, and consult with your engineering colleagues on how they can get the most value out of observability for their services.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, build, enhance and operate Asana’s observability code and infrastructure
- Contribute to the Observability team’s roadmap and vision
- Partner with users to understand their use cases, needs and pain points
- Educate Asana’s Product and Infrastructure engineers on how to get the most value out of observability for their services
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Have a strong interest in distributed systems and observability
- Focus on eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable, and performant systems
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.