Asana is the source of truth for what our customers need to do to achieve their goals and that requires our product to be reliable, scalable and performant. Observability is critical to Asana’s success, providing engineers with insight into the real-world behavior of our applications and infrastructure.
The Observability Engineering team owns the services, frameworks, and best practices that provide Asana’s engineers with the tools they need to identify and resolve problems easier and faster. These include telemetry frameworks used throughout Asana and the end-to-end pipeline that ships, stores and surfaces metrics, logs, events, and traces.
As an engineer on the Observability team, you will collaborate across teams and organizations to understand user needs, create scalable solutions, and consult with your engineering colleagues on how they can get the most value out of observability for their services.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, build, enhance and operate Asana’s observability code and infrastructure
- Contribute to the Observability team’s roadmap and vision
- Partner with users to understand their use cases, needs and pain points
- Educate Asana’s Product and Infrastructure engineers on how to get the most value out of observability for their services
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Have a strong interest in distributed systems and observability
- Focus on eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable, and performant systems
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.