Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for the first product manager in one of our most important areas at Asana: Security. Asana’s security teams are responsible for keeping Asana’s data secure and employees safe. You are someone who wants to think about how to keep Asana secure when there are thousands of employees using our product, and their interconnected work is coming together on our platform. You reject the idea that secure enterprise software has to be complex, hard to use, and are excited about being at the forefront of the new wave of consumer-like experiences in enterprise.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling security vision and roadmap based on risks, strategic opportunities, and adversarial activity
- Partner with Engineering and our Business peers to lead on the plan, prioritizing risk reduction, customer trust and clearly articulate what’s needed so your team can focus and execute quickly.
- Drive our product vulnerability process and work to improve our vulnerability SLA metrics
- Address the highest priority needs of our customers, in the fastest growing part of our product and business organizations.
- Be a key leader in driving the adoption of Asana at enterprise-level customers, including Fortune 10 companies.
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- Have a lot of fun along the way.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Technical Product Manager working with security engineering teams, preferably in B2B or SaaS business
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.