The Business Technology team at Asana provides our Business and Operations teams with the tools, data, and insights to help maximize the impact our company can have on the world.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Business Technology team in coordinating projects for multiple areas, including Finance and Sales. Our TPMs manage the full lifecycle of projects and programs — from project kick-off and planning to execution and closure — to deliver high-quality services for our internal stakeholders with predictability.
They bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members to design and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into impactful results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes, providing the leverage to scale our business.
What You’ll Achieve
- Facilitate, manage and improve the project intake process for Business Technology
- Independently plan and manage programs and projects of significant complexity and risk
- Ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
- Partner with the business to understand the organization and its goals in order to determine potential project impact and tailor the plans and deliverables accordingly
- Organize the overall project team and establish clear roles and responsibilities at the beginning of each project; hold project team accountable for the deliverables
- Build strong relationships and trust with stakeholders, keeping them and their teams engaged in the project, e.g. through status reporting and issue management
- Proactively detect misalignment and risk; gain consensus on appropriate actions to mitigate negative impact
- Effectively interact with audiences at all levels to facilitate and influence decision-making and problem-solving across projects, programs, and teams
- Participate in expansion of existing footprint to bring in new technologies, building and responding to RFPs and executing Statements of Work (SOW)
- Promote project management best practices and train others on PM processes and tools across teams
- Develop and manage program budget including forecasting, ROI, invoicing and vendor management where needed
- Support the development of internal processes and documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a senior project management or program management role leading projects of significant complexity
- Proven experience in supporting projects for Sales and Finance business functions
- Solid understanding of Salesforce and how it supports business operations
- Ability to balance a program workload and staffing according to project/program and organizational priorities and goals
- Ability to drive projects in an agile, waterfall or hybrid environment
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of both the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and non-technology project lifecycle, including identification of the business problem, development of business cases and project plans, and project management and closeout
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project/program management to deliver enterprise-level projects
- Able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels, both within the team and with stakeholders
- Solid understanding of Financial Systems tools beyond Netsuite (e.g. Iterable, Pardot, LiveChat) and how they support business operations
- Hands-on experience with collaboration tools (Asana, Slack, Google, Microsoft, Jira, etc.)
- Experience leading projects/programs in a B2B SaaS organization
- PMP or Scrum certification preferred
- Big 4 or other previous consulting experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.