We are looking for an experienced Security Compliance Lead to help build and drive Asana’s Security Compliance program. You will be a key member of the security team that is part of Asana’s world-class engineering organization and will be responsible for protecting Asana and its users. You will collaborate closely with Legal, Finance, Business, and Engineering teams to implement security safeguards, manage security risk, and build and maintain trust with our customers and users.
What you’ll achieve
- Drive the security compliance program and collaborate with internal teams to support and influence current and future compliance initiatives
- Oversee and manage the certification and audit lifecycles for current compliance initiatives and drive the prioritization for future compliance initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert for applicable compliance standards and be a valued partner to the business and engineering teams in the implementation of the standards
- Communicate to leadership key risks and areas of security compliance program improvement, as well as seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts
- Grow and mentor members on the Security Risk and Compliance team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships between Engineering, Legal, Internal Audit, and Sales
- 5+ years in security compliance, IT audit, or information security assurance
- Experience leading internal or external security audits and assessments
- Deep knowledge and experience implementing key security standards like SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, CIS Controls, NIST CSF, or PCI DSS standards
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Strong cross-functional team program management abilities, including managing multiple assessments concurrently with different stakeholders and timelines
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, and be comfortable thriving in ambiguity
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.