We’re looking for a collaborative, analytical, and strategic leader to partner with finance, sales, and operational teams to transform our sales planning and compensation strategy and processes into a robust and scalable system. You will oversee all aspects of sales planning & compensation, connecting the dots between short-term operational tasks and targets to long-term financial goals. You will work with leadership and cross-functional partners on a global scale to design and implement innovative, competitive, and analytically driven sales plans and compensation programs that are aligned with Asana’s values and support our hyper-growth.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission-enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the management, planning, and development of all sales compensation programs
- Design all aspects of sales compensation plans and plan components (including rates, accelerators, and SPIFFs) for all teams with variable compensation. Gauge and analyze the efficacy of existing plans, including analyzing payout distributions, cost of sales, incentive leverage, crediting policies and budget implications
- Partner with leadership, finance, legal, compensation, and HR business partners to design and administer sales compensation programs on a global scale that drive results consistent with organization objectives and reward exceptional performance
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with sales leaders and their organizations; work cross-functionally with sales operations to support the quota setting processes and enhance policy and reporting needs
- Evaluate sales compensation and planning performance through research, surveys, and analysis of trends to ensure plans are competitive and current
- Ensure the administration of various incentive compensation plans are in compliance with established guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Manage and build out a world-class team to support a global sales organization; work closely with them to identify process enhancements and improve the velocity of support, reporting, and analysis
- Collaborate with business technology teams to establish the vision and roadmap for sales-compensation related technologies and systems to support scalable growth and actionable insights
- Support the business and finance teams through monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and business review cycles, including preparing materials for mid-cycle check ins, as well as Board meetings, risk reviews and ad hoc requests
- 8-10+ years of sales planning and compensation experience
- Strong knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, sales data tracking processes, and designing sales plans
- Deep systems understanding (Salesforce, Xactly Incent, Netsuite, etc.); strong proficiency with MS Excel/Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Experience managing sales compensation globally, with awareness of how local requirements and market practices differ
- Experience with SaaS and/or enterprise software (high-growth SaaS a plus)
- Ability to cultivate productive relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills; able to drive change through influence
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations, and present findings clearly and concisely
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and high-growth environment
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.