We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Accounting and Finance team, and will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - month-end close, audit, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
You have exceptional communication skills and are not afraid to speak up. You are a process improver that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations.
- Own our month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Implement process efficiencies to reduce the time to close and own the monthly/quarterly/annual flux presentations to finance organization
- Partner x-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, reporting, preparing and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Be the primary owner for the Financial Statement Close Process
- Be a key stakeholder in implementing SOX across various accounting processes
- Prepare and review support to be provided to external audit team
- Able to identify pain points and escalate accordingly, while able to articulate potential solutions
- Review journal entries, complex accounting areas like leases, equity, payroll
- Ad hoc preparation of accounting memorandums as needed
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across various processes and systems
- Mentor the team in implementing best in class processes and coach team members for success
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ years experience with at least 2 years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- Strong experience with large ERP systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Comfortability with implementing new processes and systems
- Active CPA
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.