The IT Systems Engineering team at Asana is responsible for client platform engineering, identity management, and our enterprise suite of cloud based collaboration tools. We build processes and systems to automate routine tasks and simplify Asana’s growth.
Tools & Integrations engineers build and maintain tools to integrate systems across Asana’s IT infrastructure. This includes testing and deploying code for day to day activities, building and improving tools to improve workflows and reduce human error, and provide real time monitoring on application health to catch issues before they’re noticed by our users.
Integrations engineers create tools and develop automation for other engineers in languages such as Python and Golang and will also have experience with git, relational databases, monitoring systems, and continuous integration. You will be collaborating with teams from across the business to design and build custom integrations that help them utilize the full potential of our internal application suite.
What you’ll achieve
- Architect, design, develop, and test integrations between complex systems and/or integrations between existing corporate IT business systems
- Own the end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Work with your manager and with teams such as Finance, PeopleOps, and Legal to define long-term strategy for IT integrations
- Build features quickly and iterate in a data-driven fashion
- Ensure creation of accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- Implement and uphold data security processes and methods for the team
- 4+ years of experience in designing and building integration solutions
- A BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Self-motivated, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience in building integration solutions with various enterprise cloud applications like Workday, DocuSign, Greenhouse, Ironclad, Tableau, G Suite, AWS, & Asana
- Experience with Enterprise IPaaS platforms: Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc.
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, JMS, GitHub, SFTP, and Email
- Hands-on experience in building solutions with cloud data storages like AWS S3, Redshift, or Snowflake
- Clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.