We’re looking for an Internal Audit IT Manager to join our team as a newly public company. You will partner closely with Finance, Business Technology, IT, Legal, People, and other cross-functional teams to influence & drive results for a wide array of business initiatives. You will take a lead role in planning, organizing, and executing SOX audits throughout the Company with guidance from the Head of Internal Audit & SOX. You'll be responsible for managing all aspects of our SOX Compliance audit program, as well as participating in operational reviews and efforts to drive automation and digital transnation efficiencies. In addition, you will provide strategic assistance in the development of integrated systems designed to help manage and monitor potential areas of risk, from both a financial and operational perspective. This role will be responsible for helping, as needed, with other finance and accounting initiatives that go beyond performing internal audits.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission-enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve:
- Plan and perform SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detailed review of outsourcing partners’ execution of SOX procedures.
- Proactively identify opportunities for audit process automation through use of analytics and robotics process automation and partnering with different team members on executing digitization/automation to improve and innovate the SOX program methodology to become more efficient and effective.
- Proactively identify, share and discuss IT and business risks that have an impact on the controls environment and potentially other IT and security work for respective areas assigned over the course of the year.
- Update SOX documentation including process flowcharts, narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate scoping of controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes.
- Identify the root cause of specific problems, collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern.
- Apply information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a variety of technology settings, and assess the exposures from ineffective or missing SOX control practices.
- Assist in coordinating activities between the external auditors and outsourcing partners in support of the annual SOX program.
- 7+ years of business experience in integrated audit environment and IT auditing (technology industry is preferred).
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or CFE is a plus.
- Experience with similar internal audit roles in dynamic/complex organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred.
- Experience in project management practices, including tooling and managing projects through a fast-paced and deadline-oriented SOX life cycle.
- Knowledge of COSO framework and experience applying the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Experience in IT General Control audits, reports testing, and flowcharts over proprietary in-house built (e.g., data pipelines, payments engineering) and enterprise corporate systems (e.g., NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora, Workday, Coupa)
- Strong competency in IT applications and controls and experience with cloud applications.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently with minimal daily management.
- Ability to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business and IT processes and opportunities to eliminate waste and assist in assessing financial operations and making best-practice recommendations to management.
- Problem solving experience that demonstrates critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.