The Design Systems team leads design innovation at Asana, while accelerating product teams to ship features with higher velocity, quality, and consistency. We build a library of reusable components, make cross-cutting improvements like accessibility and dark mode to Asana, and invest in tools that make frontend engineering more robust and effective.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help make our engineering and design team move even faster, and push the envelope of design innovation at Asana. You’ll use your engineering experience to identify frontend engineers’ points of friction and design core components which are easier, more robust, and more powerful to use. You’ll advocate for frontend best practices and work cross-functionally to define and build features that affect the entire product. All of this will go toward elevating the level of product design and quality throughout Asana.
- Build out Asana’s reusable component library, to ensure the product is easy to navigate, and has a consistent and high quality design language
- Design and implement innovative UI solutions for complex frontend challenges (for example, making a performant, keyboard accessible timeline view).
- Understand and support the work of other engineers and designers at Asana by supporting and building the design system component framework, and providing education and mentorship to other teams.
- Help Asana achieve its mission by making sure it’s accessible and usable by everyone
- Iterate and contribute to the design process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- Experience in modern frontend web technologies; past experience with TypeScript, React and SASS / CSS preferred
- Good attention to detail and appreciation for design quality, delight and polish.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices preferred
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.