We’re looking for a FP&A professional who has experience supporting FP&A practices and sales teams at fast-growing companies. You will be integrally involved in evolving the financial foundations of our organization and will work cross-functionally with sales and operational teams, focusing on our AMER business. You will drive increased sales growth and optimizations, build-out best-in-class forecasting and budgeting practices, and provide business insights and decision-making support to business partners, AMER leadership, and Asana management.
The ideal candidate will exhibit superior analytical abilities with strong attention to detail. You will turn data into actionable insights, connecting the dots between short-term operational plans and longer-term financial goals. You are a self-starter with relentless intellectual curiosity and exceptional communication skills. You’re driven to do great things, fast.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with AMER leadership, sales team leads, and their organizations; serve as a key point of contact for all things finance
- Support strategic short- and long-term business decisions through financial modeling and analysis
- Own and develop financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance; highlight key variances, opportunities, and issues to regional and senior management
- Evolve and implement processes and tools necessary to help scale financial best practices; support company-wide planning and forecasting processes in a manner that is both efficient and effective in coordination with U.S. and international teams
- Support the sales and finance teams through monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and business review cycles
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and regional nuances; ideate, implement and iterate investment return (contribution) analysis across partner teams with a scalable approach
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and operational work as required
- 4+or more years of applicable experience in FP&A, sales finance or operations, or corporate finance
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Self-starter; possess calmness in the face of uncertainty and comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel/Google Sheets/Google Slides; prior experience with ERP software (e.g. Planful, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan)
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.