The Path Forward Return to Work program at Asana is a 18-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Asana we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
About the Team:
The Data Infrastructure team builds the infrastructure responsible for consuming, exposing and creating product and product-derived datasets and also enables data consumers to quickly, confidently and safely derive insights from product data. Our team owns the pipelines that transport and process database data from all of Asana’s product surfaces and tools that provide access to this data. We build and operate the infrastructure and services that ensure data accuracy and data availability for stakeholders in Data Science, Business and feature teams.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Data Infrastructure Engineer to build and operate software to make Asana secure, scalable and fast. You will work with the team on deploying and operating existing systems, and build and support platforms and tools that provide high leverage to data consumers.You will guide users of Asana data to use these platforms effectively and champion adopting best practices and better technologies to improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of our offerings.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Design, build, and operate streaming and batch services used by all of Asana
- Collaborate on scaling the core data pipeline and scaling up data processing to meet the rapid data growth at Asana
- Design and implement tooling and automation for data access, clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn
Who You Are:
- You are detail-oriented and thorough and like to leave code better than you found it
- You are a strong team player who brings the best to every interaction and empowers others to do the same. You’re a strong written and verbal communicator who can share complex technical information with various stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- A strong interest in building scalable and performant distributed systems with a focus on eliminating risks
- 4+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.