User Operations (UO) provides thorough troubleshooting and customer care with heart and authenticity. Our general support includes highly technical issues, billing inquiries, bug reports, and nuanced how-to walkthroughs. We also have special teams focused on high touch offerings for strategic accounts and on customer retention. Within the organization, we amplify our customers’ voices in product development and help our other customer focused teams achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced support leader, based in San Francisco, to empower UO managers in North America to become experienced leaders themselves. The managers you will be supporting are focused on getting support agents and team leads to exceed their support goals (focusing on handle time, customer satisfaction, time to first response) and drive real impact for the business. You will develop a deep understanding of the product and our customers in order to lead by example.
At any level, managers in UO put people first. We are looking for a leader who values transparency, balance, and working together with their direct reports as peers. In addition to high level people management, you will be a champion of customer needs and help us bring customer experience into our decisions within UO and cross-functionally. You will own key partnerships with our Revenue team, particularly in service of Enterprise accounts, and drive cross-functional impact. We want someone who can help us strategize how to best support our internal teams and most strategic customers at scale.
You will report to the global head of UO and work closely with other leads across the globe to build a sustainable and efficient coverage model and strategy for our team. You will have a hand in shaping the next era of customer support at Asana.
What you’ll achieve
- Empower, coach, and mentor your team of managers and team leads in North America (HQ in SF)
- Own UO's side of our Voice of the Customer process to surface customer needs to Product
- Champion customer needs and experience across the company
- Set vision and strategy for collaborating with our Revenue teams and make decisions about global vs. regional workflows
- Lead by example in embodying company values like equanimity and mindfulness
- Up-level technical expertise on the UO team
- Act as hiring manager and create a culture of recruiting on your team
- Handle escalations and participate directly in complex support policy decisions and workflows (learning the product is a must)
- Think strategically about scaling our operations, finding tooling and best practices that inspire high performance and foster a supportive environment without over-hiring
- 5+ years of User Operations / Customer Support leadership experience, including experience managing managers
- 8+ years experience on a customer facing team at global tech (preferably SaaS) companies
- Business acumen: You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Data-driven: using data analysis to inform decision making and strategy
- Experience building an enterprise level customer facing team
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- A love of building teams and processes for long-lasting success
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.