We’re looking for a sales leader with experience building highly profitable, scalable, and leveraged teams to ensure the optimal balance of company growth and customer experience. As the Sales Development Manager, you will implement best practices, drive business growth, and help build our SDR and lead generation programs. You’ll manifest our values and contribute to building a sales culture that is integrated with the entire company.
The Asana Sales team relies on a freemium product model that provides leverage for our sales teams at every customer interaction. Our user-driven (bottom-up) B2B sales model allows us to interact with more users than a traditional B2B sales model on a daily basis. At our scale, even small optimizations, across every touch point (website visitors and product users), provides tremendous impact to the growth of our business.
The right candidate will be data-driven, understand top of the funnel and pipeline dynamics, be focused on serving customers and internal stakeholders, excel at building and managing a team, and have experience in making processes more efficient. We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about customer experience and dedicated to operational efficiency.
This leader should have strong B2B SaaS sales experience and has experienced multi-channel inbound & outbound sales motions previously. Must be comfortable with a high velocity sales org working within a freemium business model and large user base.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage, hire, and scale a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Coach and develop early stage sales professionals
- Help develop and constantly improve on new motions; scale existing motions
- Set and achieve ambitious targets quarter after quarter
- Partner closely with Marketing, Sales Managers, Customer Success & Sales Enablement
- 1+ years of sales leadership experience in B2B SaaS, preferable
- 2+ years of sales experience in B2B SaaS, preferable
- Experience managing outbound pipeline generation motions
- A passion for coaching and developing world class talent
- Highly data-driven: constant optimization of activities & outputs
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Excellent at stakeholder management and keeping partners informed
- Enjoy working with peers on the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success & Sales Enablement teams
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.