We’re looking for an experienced Brand Design Manager to join our design leadership team and help shape not just our brand, but our people and the ways we design and build. Design managers at Asana help their teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. As a leader on the team, you'll connect design, marketing, and product to create work that is both beautiful and impactful.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 190 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Design team at Asana is a tightly knit group of diverse creatives that makes thoughtful, beautiful brand design work across owned, earned, and paid channels. We tell Asana’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that our customers love.
This is a highly collaborative role that works closely with marketing partners, product teams, and external agencies to develop and direct global brand projects. The ideal candidate has a proven record in graphic design and art direction, is strong in conceptual thinking and design development, and has a passion for scalable brand systems.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for members of your team
- Partner with marketers, writers, designers, producers, product managers, and agencies to bring campaigns and brand experiences to our customers
- Scale the design team’s impact globally through extensive guidelines, shareable toolkits, and strong agency relationships
- Provide hands on art direction for high impact initiatives
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Ensure team members are creating high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand across all our channels
- Partner with the design leadership and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- 7+ years experience in brand design, in-house and/or agency, with 2+ years as a people manager who’s managed teams of designers in a fast-growing environment
- Strong design sense that allows you to move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details easily and clearly
- Develop tools and processes that support a strong design system at scale
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done — and then doing it
- Experience with global brand design initiatives in B2B/SaaS space, a plus
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.