On the heels of Asana’s exponential channel partnerships’ growth, we are hiring our first Partner Solutions Engineer in San Francisco or NYC to support our global Channel Partnerships team. Channel Partnerships are critical for the company’s growth, and have proven successful as distribution channels, for delivery of customer services, and as additional revenue streams. This is an exciting opportunity to shape an important part of the business.
As our global Partner Solutions Engineer, you will report to our Global Head of Solutions Engineering and work closely with the Global Head of Channel Partnerships to drive and shape our Channel Partnerships program. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications, and technical objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Channel team and partners to ensure they constantly move towards a close. You will be supporting and aiding our largest channel partners and their customers, and will play a critical role in helping our partners and partners’ customers understand the value of Asana. As a key voice of the partner back to the Product team, you will identify and help overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued channel partnerships growth.
What you’ll achieve
- Work in conjunction with Partner Managers as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions
- Lead technical conversations, demos, presentations, and proof of concept engagements with Global Systems Integrators, Solutions Partners, and Resellers
- Provide intensive pre- and post-sales technical consulting to prospective and existing channel partners
- Working in conjunction with channel partners, develop reference architectures positioning Asana as the business layer in a variety of technical use-cases and industries
- Provide technical expertise and participate in technical customer/partner calls
- Oversee and assist with scoping of partner technical services
- Convey partner requirements to our Product and Eng teams, particularly in enabling our partner processes internally
- Make and organize technical designs and presentations
- Train Partners on our API and custom integrations
- Run regular technical services trainings for partners (beyond what Partner Enablement can do)
- Ability to perform technical qualification
- Oversee demo certification of our partners
- Proficiency presenting from Decks and Whiteboards, and doing Product Demonstrations.
- 5+ years in a similar role within an international / B2B SaaS company
- A storyteller who is comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting.
- Thrives in an an ambiguous environment
- A deep technical curiosity and understanding of how IT systems work in a business context
- Experience with creating custom demos from scratch which mirror a customers needs
- Self starter and independent thinker: this role is dynamic and requires a lot of taking ownership on your own to get things done.
- Comfort in speaking towards SSO/SAML/AD and other identity authentication protocols
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful “lead → customer” transitions and long-term, successful partnerships.
- A creative thinker who drives new ideas to build and enable the Asana partnership ecosystem
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and increasingly global environment
- Experience responding to technical questions and security requirements from customers.
- Familiarity with BI tools and deep knowledge of a SAAS ecosystem
- Able to identify solutions to technical customer obstacles creatively and quickly
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.