At Asana, program leads (PLs) are responsible for the delivery and technical quality of our programs. They take on complex projects, lead the work of several ICs, partner with cross-functional and cross-organizational stakeholders, mentor team members in technical design and project leadership, and are also responsible for running team processes.
The Content Experience team is on a mission to improve Asana’s ability to capture foundational raw thoughts and long form content (the starting points for new initiatives or ideas) to help our users build and harness a richer work graph and retain flow by avoiding context switching across different tools. We are developing a platform for authoring rich content easily across all of Asana, allowing effortless capture of unstructured thoughts and their easy conversion to structured execution tracking, while collaborating in real time with other users. This platform will also bring more composition aids like inline images, videos and third party embeds to Asana. We are looking for an experienced technical leader for the Content Experience team to bring this platform to life.
Creating content is a primary use case of any and every Asana user. Any product feature in Asana that allows a user to create and edit content will be based on the new content editing platform. This platform will enable Asana to serve more types of users by bringing innovative product offerings to market quickly.
What you’ll achieve
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Asana’s core product with a focus on overcoming tricky technical challenges and modeling practices that improve quality and velocity
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define the team’s upcoming projects and long-term strategy
- Collaborate with other leads across Asana to steward a coordinated technical strategy
- 5+ years of experience working in large codebases
- 1+ years of experience leading a complex project end-to-end, or in a tech lead or team lead role
- Experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design partners to define requirements, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans
- Excited to work in a unique problem space that involves building user facing features but in a framework that will scale across many use cases. Previous experience working on a product foundations related team is a plus.
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.