We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer to join the Brand Design team and help define a unique web experience for the Asana brand. Reporting to the Interactive Design Manager, you’ll work closely with talented designers, writers, web developers, strategists, marketers and leadership to champion the Asana brand across the organization with a key focus on driving new customer acquisition.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 190 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Design team at Asana is a tightly knit group of diverse creatives that makes thoughtful, beautiful, brand design work across owned, earned, and paid channels, to product launches. We tell Asana’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that our customers love.
You’ll work with in-house teammates as well as external agencies and vendors to ensure our interactive work is extraordinary and goal-oriented. The ideal candidate will have a proven record in graphic and experience design for the web, with a unique specialty for driven conversion-oriented user experiences. You will be responsible for leading and managing small to medium-scale web design and email projects while leveraging brand guidelines and design systems to drive improved metrics and business growth.
What you’ll achieve
- Optimize key product and brand experiences with an emphasis on new user acquisition, and sign-up
- Collaborate with growth managers, marketers, web developers, producers, and product managers, & data science to define and execute Asana’s interactive experience with a focus on optimization and growth
- Co-create design strategy for hypotheses, experimentation and validation of design with your cross-functional partners.
- Partner closely with writers, illustrators, designers and web developers to bring greater success to campaigns, product experiences, core web experiences, email and brand initiatives
- Innovate around brand new user experience concepts that delight our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our growth.
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Work closely with UXR research to validate and quantify our web design experiences
- Operate with a user-centric mindset to master an understanding of how web visitors perceive the Asana brand experience online
- Understand and track against key goals and success metrics for your design projects
- Work autonomously on open-ended problems that impact other programs, and contribute a strong design perspective
- 3+ years experience or similar education in web UX strategy and design, creating and optimizing experience for software and/or product companies
- 2+ years experience in web UI with an and interactive design, in-house and/or agency, managing medium-scale web design projects
- Experience generating hypothesis, running A/B testing and interpreting key results, from big swings to detail oriented design optimizations
- Prior experience in growth-specific marketing for the web
- Strong understanding of visual design principles and branding
- Able to flex in responsive web design from experience concept to pixel-perfect execution and QA
- Core graphic design abilities for web assets and graphics
- Detail-oriented, strategic and systems-level thinker
- Can adopt both broad and detail oriented mindsets - to considering brand new ideas while also remaining on-target to business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping marketing web product experiences
- Strong level understanding of tools like Figma and Adobe CC
- Experience building web design systems and/or guidelines a plus
- Email marketing design experience a plus
- Motion experience a plus
- HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.