At Asana, we’re building collaboration software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and realising their goals. Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to work. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get the most value out of Asana over time so that they achieve their objectives and ultimately renew their Asana subscription.
We're looking for our first Renewals Manager in the APAC region to help define, test, and grow a renewals model that balances high volume scale with top-down positioning. As the sole Renewals Manager for the APAC region, you’ll partner closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams in Sydney and Singapore to formulate a strategy for driving renewals of our top spend accounts. You’ll also collaborate regularly with the Finance, Legal, and Renewals teams in our San Francisco HQ to ensure customers are set up for continued success with their Asana investment. Your primary focus will be managing customer renewals to maximise retention, identify expansion opportunities, and drive a high degree of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is someone who not only has SaaS renewals experience, but has a high degree of customer-centricity.
What you'll achieve as the APAC regions’ first Renewals Manager:
- Own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the account team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships
- Actively engage with key decision makers to identify requirements and uncover roadblocks, ensuring a deep understanding of customer needs and on-time commitments
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts that align to customer goals (in partnership with account teams, Finance, and Legal)
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximise customer spend and growth
- Identify at-risk customers and develop prescriptive plays to mitigate against potential churn, communicating risk clearly to cross-functional stakeholders and escalating wherever appropriate
- Ideate to enhance systems and processes in the spirit of increased efficiency and velocity
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 90-day forecast of renewals for the APAC region
- 3-5 years of experience in SaaS renewals management
- Proven discovery, negotiation and closing skills
- Creative problem-solver who doesn’t lose sight of the customer experience
- Able to get stuff done by flexing between strategic thinking and tactical execution, all while providing high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
- Experience partnering with Sales and Customer Success teams to achieve common goals
- Strong cross-functional collaborator, able to connect the dots organisationally and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels, and profiles to drive program excellence
- Proficiency with Salesforce
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.