We’re looking for someone skilled at negotiating SaaS and other commercial agreements with enterprise-level clients and vendors throughout Europe and who has prior experience counseling sales, marketing, customer support, and procurement teams on all commercial matters including privacy. You will bring a business-oriented, pragmatic mindset to solving problems while delivering legal advice without the legalese. This is a great opportunity for you to join a mission-driven company as a key business partner to our revenue teams.
You will be a part of our legal team, who works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organisation to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, and we’re growing our team.
What You'll Achieve
- Working closely with our EU sales team to negotiate enterprise level SaaS agreements
- Supporting all areas of the business by drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including procurement agreements, channel partnership agreements, and marketing agreements
- Providing sales, marketing, user operations, and procurement teams with guidance on GDPR, ePrivacy directive and other European data protection laws and regulations while likewise supporting and continuing to build out Asana’s compliance initiatives
- Delivering training to sales and marketing teams on contracting processes, data privacy and legal compliance
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Wearing multiple hats depending on the day by providing general legal advice and counsel to our global team
- 3+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal work experience - in house experience at a technology company supporting enterprise-level SaaS agreements is highly preferred
- Qualified lawyer in Europe and admitted to practice in Ireland or the UK preferred
- Strong knowledge of European privacy and consumer protection laws
- Experience supporting commercial work in multiple EU markets
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess risks quickly and to communicate those risks to business partners in non-legal speak
- Able to work independently and be comfortable thriving in ambiguity
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems
- In addition to English, fluency in French or German is preferred, but not required
- A sense of humour and the ability to work well with a tight-knit, fast growing team
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.