We’re looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to lead our global revenue accounting functions and build a strong team. You will partner closely with Revenue Operations (Billings & Collections), Deal Desk, Business Technology, FP&A, Legal, External Reporting, Sales, and other cross-functional teams to influence & drive results for a wide array of business initiatives. You will oversee revenue recognition, contract review, and automation projects. In addition, you'll maintain the global revenue accounting policies and procedures.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission-enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve :
- Subject matter expert on revenue accounting and engage with the cross-functional departments to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, etc.
- Own and maintain the Company’s revenue recognition policy and other related policies (i.e., Gross vs. Net, AR Reserve).
- Prepare and maintain the company’s SSP Analysis and perform revenue allocations for material multi-POBs deals.
- Develop and maintain internal controls for revenue recognition, and lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes.
- Manage monthly accounting close activities and review accounting variance analysis.
- Ensure that our accounting records are closed timely and accurately in compliance with our accounting policies.
- Manage quarterly and annual audits effectively with external auditors.
- Partner with the Product Management team on new product initiatives (“NPI”) and provide scalable solutions to account for the revenue.
- Collaborate with business technology, engineering, and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements, including revaluation of revenue recognition engine.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university with concentrations in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, including experience with SaaS and service arrangements
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora, and Salesforce CPQ a plus.
- Experience with systems implementations a plus.
- Experience with a Big-4 or equivalent national accounting firm is highly desirable.
- Excellent time and project management skills and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in high-paced business culture.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.