We are looking for an Employee Communications Lead who will help craft compelling stories that reach all of our global employees (aka Asanas). You will connect Asanas to company strategy and objectives and help leaders manage large scale change amidst our rapid growth. In this role, you’ll write and edit a ton of great content for internal audiences, help set our employee communications strategy in partnership with our Head of Employee Communications and Experience (ECE), and work closely with the broader ECE team to infuse key employee touchpoints with Asana’s brand and values. You’ll create compelling narratives that will help us engage and grow team Asana. You’ll become an expert at using Asana as our key communications channel and propose new ideas to ensure we can reach the largest number of Asanas possible. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous improvement. You’ll report to the Head of Employee Communications and Experience as part of our People Team and also partner closely with our Global Communications & Corporate Marketing team.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Play a lead role in developing and implementing an integrated employee communications strategy that will inspire, deliver clarity on, and connect global Asanas to our company strategy, objectives, plan, and progress.
- Build and manage our employee communications editorial calendar, ensuring key messages get to our employees and that our mission and values are woven into all of our employee communications
- Create compelling content for our employee communications and engagement programs, including executive communications, all company meetings, annual kickoff, leadership Q&A forums and events, and weekly all staff communications
- Co-create and ghostwrite executive and all company communications
- Draft, edit, and consult on other key employee-facing communications across Staff posts, internal docs, slide decks, videos, and other mediums
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams in the business including:
- Global Communications & Corporate Marketing team to ensure tone and voice of our internal messaging accurately represents Asana values and brand and aligns with external messaging
- Employer Brand to communicate our Employee Value Proposition and differentiated employee brand internally
- Various functional teams to build internal communications strategy for our major product launches, company initiatives, events and other internal activities
- Broader Employee Communications & Experience team to ensure that Asanas know where to go for information they need, that we’re best leveraging Asana’s product features for employee comms, and that our internal events and other programs are bolstering our corporate narrative
- Have 10+ years of experience in internal/employee communications.
- Strong experience working in or closely with an executive leadership team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a track record of building inspiring narratives, developing speaking points, and crafting written pieces for executives.
- Experience turning complicated concepts into persuasive prose and driving clear business messages
- Experience with change management and information dissemination across global offices
- Ability to co-create with internal creative team and external partners to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
- Able to do great things fast and match it with high emotional intelligence (be able to read the room), curiosity (bring your expertise to the table while having an open mind), and a sense of humor and levity are definitely a plus!
- A deep understanding and clear point of view of how communications, leadership and culture intersect
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.