Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, and we’re growing our team.
Specifically, we’re looking for a commercial counsel to join our commercial legal team. Based out of San Francisco, this role requires someone skilled at managing complex inbound and outbound commercial transactions, specifically including prior experience negotiating enterprise-level SaaS agreements. In addition to being a key partner to the sales team, you will also work closely with other stakeholders around the company in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements. Above all, you will bring a business-oriented, pragmatic mindset to solving problems while delivering legal advice without the legalese. This is a great opportunity to help scale the existing commercial legal team in a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues. This role reports to Asana’s head of the commercial legal team.
What you’ll achieve
- Working closely with our global sales team to negotiate enterprise level SaaS agreements
- Implementing scalable contracting frameworks and standards to support a business in high growth mode
- Supporting all areas of the business by drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Wearing multiple hats depending on the day by providing general legal advice and counsel to our global team
- Advising business stakeholders, taking into account the relevant legal issues and risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Managing outside counsel as needed
- 7-10 years of a combination of law firm and in-house legal work experience - at least 3 years of in house experience at a technology company with SaaS experience is a must
- Experience helping a global commercial team based in multiple locations to scale
- JD from a US law school and member of the California Bar
- Exposure to international commercial contracting issues, particularly in EMEA, APAC and ANZ
- Prior work standing up frameworks and standards for inbound commercial arrangements to ensure consistency in how Asana procures software and services
- Experience with navigating data privacy issues in a commercial context a strong plus
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess relevant/material risks quickly and to communicate those risks to business partners in non-legal speak
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects with competing deadlines, and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented with a passion for closing deals while protecting Asana’s values and business interests
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.