We are in search of a Head of Business Intelligence to join the Business Technology team and help lead the delivery of high quality data, data models, and analytics tools at Asana. The Business Technology team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, applications technology and data insights that help Asana achieve its mission. We partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
In this role we are looking for a strategic leader who is a highly motivated, passionate, data-oriented individual who can take responsibility for implementing an enterprise-wide BI vision and strategy for internal business functions. You will have strong business acumen, data and technology experience in addition to possessing excellent strategy, business partnering and collaboration skills. You take the initiative to identify high impact projects and work cross functionally to execute and realize Asana’s business strategy.
What you’ll achieve
- Responsible for providing architectural leadership, vision and strategy for Asana’s BI and reporting platforms
- Own the Biz data warehouse, reporting tools, BI infrastructure and ensure they are built for high availability, accuracy, quality and performance
- Grow, develop and manage an amazing team of engineers, architects and analysts to design data architecture, data models, metrics, reports, and dashboards that drive key business decisions and improve business performance
- Identify the need, facilitate the evaluation and selection of new tools and technologies to meet the growing needs across internal functions
- Create a culture that assist users to transform data into action-oriented information and provide them skills/tools to become self-sufficient
- Have an eye for continuous improvement of process and tools that you support. You do this being strategic and by partnering with cross functional business leaders and stakeholders to identify gaps/opportunities for optimization, revenue growth, efficiency through automation and create roadmaps to address opportunities
- Co-lead data governance for Asana with other data leaders across the company. Establish processes, frameworks and tools that help us achieve high data quality through ownership, security of our data assets and meet privacy needs
- Ensure BI and data programs are optimized for business impact, and executed consistently and effectively, including deployment, maintenance, and measuring outcomes
- Establish strong working relationships with Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Biz Operations, Product, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with the broader analytics and data community to provide input into strategies and standards, ensure solution reuse, leverage and to eliminate solution redundancy
- 5-10 years of experience leading teams to build reporting solutions and data platforms that power business decisions
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience in architecting and developing BI solutions (Data Integration, Data Warehouse, Modeling, Analytics or Reporting)
- You have a strong understanding of how a SaaS business and business models work and with that you can empathize with your biz stakeholders and their needs. You have great examples of how you proactively work with and solve business challenges
- You have solid experience in Revenue, Marketing, Sales and Finance business processes and have experience in the data, reporting and analytical needs for these functions
- Strong experience leading a business intelligence platform, developing long-term roadmaps and strategic direction, and evangelizing the value of data driven decision making
- You are someone who enjoys the challenge of balancing speed and rigor, deciding when to bias for one or the other based on business goals
- Deep experience in architecting cloud based data-warehouse solutions (e.g. AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, etc.), powering BI visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.) and exposure to transactional systems (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Workday, NetSuite, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (OLAP, OLTP, CTE etc.) and databases in a business environment with large-scale, big data, complex datasets
- Top notch people manager with track record of growing and developing teams of analysts
- Experience with outsourced development in a hybrid internal/outsourced model
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect best from your peers to get joint projects done well
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.