Engineering Manager, Data Infrastructure
The Data Infrastructure team builds the infrastructure responsible for consuming, exposing and creating product and product-derived datasets. This team owns the pipelines that transport and process database data from all of Asana’s product surfaces. We work hard to ensure data accuracy and data availability for stakeholders in Data Science, Business and Product teams.
We are looking for an engineering manager who can provide technical leadership and strategic direction for our data platform. You will be responsible for the delivery and technical quality of our programs, taking on complex multi-year projects, and lead the work of several ICs. You’ll also partner with cross-functional stakeholders to drive initiatives forward, and mentor team members in technical design, project leadership, and running team processes.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage engineers on the team and build high quality engineering practices
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Coordinate work/roadmap planning for the team short term and long term
- Be an advocate for data infrastructure across Asana
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to hire engineers, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Some upcoming technical challenges you may work on:
- Scaling our data ingestion pipelines across a growing number of AWS data centers
- Reducing the latency of our product data ingestion pipelines through moving batch jobs into a streaming architecture
- Extending our data lake architecture for the growing ecosystem of data ingestion and creation tools at Asana
- 1+ years of engineering management experience in an infrastructure team
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Customer-oriented mindset, balancing needs of multiple stake-holders
- Experience with data infrastructure or our tech stack - Scala, Python, Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS-based infrastructure is a plus
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.