We’re looking for a leader who can partner with the Head of Investor Relations, Corporate Counsel, Corporate Marketing and People, and provide strategic leadership for the rapidly growing Investor Relations function at Asana. This position will serve primarily as the project lead for Asana’s ESG reporting as well as a key player in Asana’s overall investor marketing efforts. This role requires a self-starter and proven leader with demonstrated experience working with the institutional investor community and managing communications strategies. Reporting to the Head of IR, the Manager will enable Asana to communicate to key stakeholders in the investment community about our mission and how our environmental, social and governance initiatives support that mission. You will be a strategic contributor to investor relations and our corporate brand and identity as a mission-driven company and will work closely with all members of leadership.
- Build the company's ESG reporting function from the ground up, including strategy development, execution and communication. This includes designing and executing the ESG operating plan and budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine and prioritize the Company’s near-term and long-range ESG vision.
- Help lead the development of the narratives for the ESG strategy and initiatives, tailored for stakeholder audiences.
- Measure and drive alignment of data-driven ESG goals and metrics.
- Maintain the ESG roadmap and project plan, driving accountability for achievement of goals and metrics.
- Plan and write ESG publications aimed at key stakeholder groups, including the annual corporate responsibility report, in coordination with subject matter experts and functional leads across the company.
- Manage responses to rating agencies and surveys, including SASB, TCFD and ISS.
- Coordinate reporting for social impact and green initiatives.
- Coordinate the sourcing and validation of ESG data and content for reporting and responses to stakeholder queries.
- Maintain expertise in global ESG trends and standards and educate internal stakeholders.
- Review and summarize ESG industry reports and aggregate information from various data sources
- Manage all aspects of the ESG reporting process
- Manage the Company’s participation and advocacy in conferences, meetings, and ESG roadshows
- Compile disclosures and data for use by senior management in meetings and discussions with investors and rating agencies
- Provide senior management with feedback and recommendations related to discussions with the investment community, and other advisors, regarding events and changes within the ESG landscape
- Work closely with senior staff to educate teams on reporting standards, requirements and timelines
- Provide editorial support for overall investor marketing content.
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years of experience in investor relations, sustainability reporting and/or other experience in investment stewardship.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with Legal, marketing, HR, strategy, product and sales functions to understand and influence business trends and incorporate this understanding into strategy, external messaging and communications
- Experience managing multiple priorities and finding creative solutions to complex challenges Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to adapt to different formats (press releases, annual reports, website, etc.)
- Advanced communications skills (written and oral) and relationship skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and established analytical ability
- A working knowledge of leading ESG frameworks; SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc.
- Keen intellect, unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build relationships with and interact effectively with investors and rating agencies, as well as executive management, peers, and subordinates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Sustainability or Economics
- Some travel required
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.