We’re looking for a leader to develop and scale our Dedicated Customer Success team that is responsible for managing a portfolio of key MidMarket customers across West Coast North America (NAMER).
As a Customer Success leader based in San Francisco, you will report to the Head of Dedicated Customer Success in NAMER (West) and lead a fast-growing function responsible for driving change management and customer adoption, building champion relationships, and developing mission-critical workflows -- all to ensure customers are growing in a healthy way in line with the goals they have for Asana. You will lead and inspire teams to help customers adopt Asana as both a product and a new way of work within their organizations.
Dedicated Customer Success Managers (CSMs) act as trusted advisors to Asana’s most important customers and work in close partnership with Account Executives and other supporting roles to provide lifecycle management to high-value customers.
You must be a hands-on leader who enjoys leading from the front and getting into details while also being able to think and act strategically. A core priority is to be a leader and a business partner for your team, acting as a mentor and a coach who is able to guide team members through challenging and ambiguous situations and help them keep customer engagements on track. You'll do this all while keeping pace with rapid organizational growth and in coordination with global teams.
What you’ll achieve
- Oversee and support the scaling of the MidMarket Dedicated CS team in San Francisco
- Coach and mentor direct reports to help position them for success; achieve professional, team, and company goals
- Identify opportunities to evolve our playbook for MidMarket CS at Asana
- Drive three primary metrics: increase breadth and depth of product usage, cultivate champion relationships, and define and drive customer ROI
- Drive alignment with key partner teams in Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Professional Services
- Partner with Customer Advocacy and Customer Marketing to increase the number of customer champions and referenceability of customers
- Work with Revenue Operations to drive customer learnings and operational analytics
- Provide a framework and enable colleagues in global offices to implement best practices from the MidMarket CS playbook
- Act as an escalation point, working with the team to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment and be accountable for engagement success
- 6+ years of Customer Success experience within high-growth SaaS organization(s)
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated success in a people management role
- Experience in:
- Leading a team that is part of a global, matrixed organization
- Building and managing a post-sale team that maintains lifecycle relationships with mid-sized customers (500+ employees)
- Partnering effectively with sales counterparts to deliver aligned goals centered on Customer’s Success
- Dedicated people manager who gets satisfaction from developing early- to mid-career team members
- A leader with a bias towards action and ability to build and make the business case for scaling our business
- Skilled in navigating cross-functional relationships to get buy-in in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Customer obsessed -- a passion for understanding, driving, and improving customer adoption of Asana’s product.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.