We're looking for an experienced technical leader to join as a Program Lead on the Integrations team, the team at Asana responsible for building first-party applications that allow our users to connect Asana with the strategic tools that are most relevant to their day to day work.
This team builds end-to-end user experiences that connect Asana with a breadth of external best-in-class tools, enabling critical workflows for our users. And we do all of that at scale, interfacing with many different platforms, and building such solutions with enterprise-class stability and reliability. Slack + Asana, Zoom + Asana, Asana for Salesforce are some examples of things we’ve built, and you can check out more at https://asana.com/apps.
The opportunity space for this team is huge. We know work happens across many different tools today and having key apps experiences in Asana help our customers reduce context switching by simplifying the number of tools they need to manage. As the program lead of this team, you’ll have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with our Product Management and Design teams and collaborate with many other engineering teams across Asana to enable powerful application experiences across all of our product surfaces. As part of this, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on fullstack features from building UI features, developing new frameworks, working with complex data models and services on the backend, build a scalable and maintainable infrastructure stack, and develop a keen understanding of a variety of different platform ecosystems that we interface with.
What you’ll achieve
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate. You’ll be responsible for managing multiple work-streams at any given time, and own project delivery sprint over sprint.
- Model engineering best practices to the rest of the team and company: writing and presenting docs, de-risking project execution early, doing quality reviews of documentation and code, and upholding a high standard for quality of project delivery.
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Make hands-on engineering contributions towards building new integrations and frameworks with a focus on overcoming tricky technical challenges and doing high leverage work that unblocks better quality and velocity for the team at large
- Partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and Engineering Management to define the team’s and broader Platform area’s roadmap and long-term strategy
- Collaborate with many other teams across Asana with an opportunity to work across the full stack to build new high impact features, allowing our integration stack to build against the latest and greatest of a constantly evolving product
- Build and execute on a strategy to enable other Product Engineering teams at Asana to build integrations.
- 5+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full stack environment, preferably a variety of different tech stacks
- 2+ years of experience leading a complex project end-to-end, or in a tech lead or team lead role
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design/Data Science partners to define requirements, manage risks, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans
- Previous experience working on a platform related team, interfacing with a variety of different SDKs or APIs is a bonus
- Excited to work in a unique problem space that involves building powerful user facing features, interfacing with a wide variety of tech stacks of external best-in-class product platforms.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Appreciate productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.