The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation. This role is for the Pay Area of Adoption, where we focus on helping teams understand how to communicate the value of Asana and enable decision making throughout the buying process.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and communicate that empathy throughout the company
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Help define the usability bar and advise on meeting that bar
- Give guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle. Know how to make quant and qual work together, and familiar with interpreting advanced studies from quant partners
- Apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you and your team
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.