We're excited to hire an empathetic and strategic engineering Manager to lead Asana's Automation product engineering team. The mission of the Automation team is to improve the efficiency and quality of how work gets done by eliminating unnecessary manual steps. We want to streamline customers' processes so all team members — team leads, individual contributors, and visionaries — be confident that their processes are working successfully and saving time. In the 1.5 years that Automation has been live for customers, we have saved more than a cumulative 7.5 years of time back for customers, and we are just beginning!
The Automation is a full-stack product engineering team. We have an industry leading Automation builder UI and discovery gallery, backend business logic to handle things like date complexity, and vast implications on remote jobs stability. We are looking for an engineering Manager that is excited to learn and build in all layers of the technology stack.
This role will partner with cross-functional leaders (PM, Design, User Experience Research) to co-create a longer term vision for the product. The Automation team will also partner closely with the Workflow Experience team to develop a cohesive strategy for customers that want to create and iterate on their team's processes.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage a team of 4-6 full-stack web product engineers
- Partner with the team's product managers, designers, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Work with our data scientists and user researchers to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their challenges
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 1+ years of experience managing a technical team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are kind and intellectually mature
- You are willing and able to dive into code yourself
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.