At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help the world’s teams work together effortlessly. We want our customers to love the product we’ve built and to feel more connected to their teammates and their organization’s mission by using it.
We're looking for a thoughtful and strategic engineering manager to lead Asana's Pricing and Packaging (P&P) product engineering team. A part of the larger Pay Area, the P&P engineering team owns the core logic within the Asana product monetization stack that determines how our customers purchase and maintain their subscriptions.
The P&P team develops and maintains strong partnerships with groups across Asana; they are advocates for a consistent and easy to understand subscription model; and they obsess over providing our customers with a world-class billing experience.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage a team of 8-10 full-stack engineers
- Support and coach your team in their technical and professional development
- Implement process that enables your team to do the best work of their careers
- Develop and execute against a strategic roadmap that your partners can depend upon and your team can plan against
- Partner with recruiting and other engineering leaders to expand the Asana engineering organization
- Establish strong partnerships and maintain high bandwidth communication with: product managers, designers, data science, business owners, business systems teams, finance & revenue teams, and our self-service and sales-assisted teams.
- Establish robust P&P patterns and frameworks that can solve the needs of today - while remaining flexible enough to “bend not break” when things change
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help maintain and evolve Asana's award winning values and workplace
- Significant experience as an engineer and leader of engineering teams
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- You recognize that engineering leadership is hard and you have invested time to develop your skills - perhaps by reading books, mentoring other leaders, or reflecting on your current organization's dynamics.
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done - and then doing it
- Experienced working cross-functionally across an organization
- Always willing to give and receive feedback
- [Nice to have] Experience with billing platforms and services (Zuora, PayPal, Recurly), multi-currency, payment processing, subscription modeling, fraud detection
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.