Asana’s customer base is growing rapidly and optimizing our payments capabilities is critical to our long term success. The Payment Operations and Partnership Manager is a key role in building partnerships with vendors in the payments space. The primary goal of this role is to focus on industry trends to enhance our capabilities when accepting payments in various countries and across multiple payment types. Additionally, this role will focus on reducing our 3rd party transaction fees and identifying opportunities to optimize our accounts. As a core member of our growing Procurement team this role will be highly visible and have the opportunity to drive immediate and long term scalable impact.
What you’ll achieve
- Coordinate with global internal teams and external partners to optimize existing payment processes, investigate issues as they arise, identify any bugs that need addressing, and track issues to resolution.
- Identify new opportunities, with respect to operational components, for performance improvement, cost savings, and risk mitigation with vendors and other payment partners.
- Develop dashboards to monitor, create, and maintain payment operational metrics and support/improvement requests with our payments partners.
- Monitor key players, industry announcements, and trends in the payments landscape and provide recommendations to leverage identified opportunities.
- Provide operations support during the launches of new payment providers, methods of payment, etc.
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (product, engineering, data science, finance, CS, legal, etc.) to build a best-in-class payments program.
- Manage a portfolio of payment partners, including sourcing, negotiating, and launching deals.
- Own the end-to-end relationship with merchant services and payment partners and maintain senior executive-level contacts.
- Drive business reviews with partners and ensure the delivery of high impact results.
- 5+ years of experience in Payment Partnerships and/or Merchant Services
- Partner management and negotiation experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Recurring Subscription model preferred
- Enjoys working in a collaborative and creative environment
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.