As the Head of Professional Services, you are a senior change leader who will develop and drive the vision, go-to-market strategy, and expansion of the North America Professional Services team with global influence on the function in other Asana regions, as well. You are an industry expert in technology and management consulting, passionate about leading client-facing teams through implementing digital transformations, and have a keen appreciation for every phase of the customer journey and what’s needed to drive success. You have a proven track record of attracting, developing, and inspiring talent to grow a high-performing team of consultants and/or product experts. Your customer-centric mindset propels you to ensure outstanding outcomes for our customers, thereby growing existing accounts and opening doors to new ones.
Professional Services (PS) at Asana are typically multi-phase, 3-9 month engagements that deliver Asana deployments and optimizations to our highest-value customers. The scopes of work are highly tailored to meet each client’s needs, including training and development for large departments, and even across entire organizations. We advise and coach customers on large-scale change management, workflow architecture, and technology adoption. We bring our Product and Consulting expertise into every client engagement in order to drive accelerated and lasting business improvements.
In this role, you are responsible for cultivating strong relationships with executive stakeholders (internal and external) to strengthen the PS team’s impact on customers and the business. This role requires deep knowledge and experience in building and growing consulting teams in a SaaS environment. You will grow the PS team, while innovating on consulting tactics and methodologies to increase widespread adoption of Asana as the work management tool of choice. You will help us refine PS business outcomes, price and package services, as well as recruit, coach, and develop a team of consultants. You must be a strong people leader, prepared to work in a dynamic, high-growth environment across a variety of teams to market, sell and deliver progressively larger and more complex services packages to our customers. You will be a key member of the Business Leadership team at Asana and work closely with other Revenue and Customer-Facing leaders at Asana.
What you’ll achieve
- Drive overall functional ownership of Asana’s Professional Services (sale and delivery).
- Own services P&L responsibility.
- Develop metrics and track progress on PS business outcomes.
- Hire and retain talent through recruitment, training, and development.
- Model what it means to be an experienced consultant in the field by joining customer meetings as an Executive Sponsor.
- Partner with Product, Product Marketing, Sales and Enablement teams to leverage PS to land bigger deals and drive greater adoption, thereby ensuring faster and more durable growth in key accounts.
- You have 15+ years of total services sales and delivery experience in a SaaS company and/or at a consulting firm.
- You have 7+ years leading and managing customer-facing teams in a SaaS environment. You are an inspiring and proven leader who has grown and managed high-performing teams. You have experienced every part of the full services lifecycle (i.e. pitching, scoping, quoting, delivery, and quality assurance).
- You have a keen industry understanding of SaaS business models, technology adoption, and change management.
- You are a technology expert, equipped to provide hands-on guidance and coaching on overall solution architecture including things like possible API use cases or 3rd party integrations.
- You have expert-level knowledge of leading SaaS Professional Services management models and a proven track record in a high-growth environment of:
- Leading in a global, matrixed organization.
- Architecting and building project staffing structures with Professional Service Consultants and technical/solutions architects.
- Working effectively with Partners to extend Professional Services coverage outside of core markets.
- Managing a P&L that is placed under investor scrutiny.
- Designing, implementing, and improving services, including go-to-market pricing, packaging, and enablement.
- Setting impeccable expectations with customers and driving effective issue escalation and resolution.
- Working cross-functionally across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Finance, and Legal.
- You’re aligned with up to 20% estimated travel time for customer work and regional HQ alignment.
- Strong preference for candidates who have experience in supporting large-scale companies with collaborative tools.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.