Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are seeking an experienced product manager who is passionate about improving the productivity of our internal teams. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our customer-facing teams to rapidly deliver high quality services and experiences to our customers. Our users are both operations teams that use the tools directly, and developers who use our infrastructure to build new tooling for specific use cases, or business processes like quote-to-cash. As the Product Manager for our Internal Tools (Partners) team you will work closely with Engineering, Design, Business Technology, Finance and User Operations.
What you’ll achieve
- Establish vision for a product team. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on the team’s mission. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
- Bridge the gap between operations and engineering, functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health.
- 3+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration.
- Passionate about automating/optimizing operational workflows, improving product quality, and building for other developers.
- Proven ability to effectively work with non-technical teams and translate operational needs into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in building products for developers and ops teams.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and development process for distributed systems.
- Experience with building developer ecosystems, platforms and tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.