Based out of our San Francisco office, we are looking for someone who enjoys creative thinking, has excellent analytical skills, and a track-record of great follow-through to support our legal department with billing and budget, contract operations, and public company governance operations with respect to record-keeping and subsidiary maintenance.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement and growth.You will be a part of our legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests.
What you’ll do:
Global Contract Support and Operations:
- Own global signature process, including DocuSign updates, manual signature route and keeping our global signature policy up-to-date.
- Maintain contract database and archive processes within both Ironclad and Dropbox.
- Within Dropbox, help maintain standard naming conventions and related ongoing folder and file cleanup (duplicates, typos, etc).
- Support resource management and updates within relevant Asana projects (e.g., Legal Playbook, and Legal Inbox projects).
- Fielding and approving internal Docusign access requests.
- Monitoring and fielding questions related to Ironclad, Dropbox, and Docusign.
Global eBilling and Law Firm Relationship Oversight:
- Oversee, optimize, and manage eBilling programs in partnership with Finance and other key stakeholders.
- Manage outside law firms to ensure compliance with billing guidelines, including adherence to negotiated rates and specified billing practices.
- Own end-to-end law firm onboarding including but not limited to engagement letters, vendor forms, and opening POs and providing payment details.
- Responsible for monthly review/audit of our legal invoices, including accruals versus actual spend reports for budget analysis.
- Provide first line support to vendors in submitting invoices through the eBilling system.
Subsidiary and Immigration Support and Operations:
- Manage our outside entity management firm for domestic and international entity management with our partner Verbatim (ComputerShare).
- Organize corporate records using the “Diligent Entities” platform and keep all records updated and searchable.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary city and state business registrations and licenses.
- Work alongside the team to effectively support Asana, Inc. with its multinational subsidiary corporate governance, including corporate records and database management, filing domestic annual reports with the secretary of states, and any other corporate governance needs related to subsidiary governance.
- Handle information requests to and from other company personnel, specifically the immigration team, including research of and historical information of company records and information from other departments regarding corporate entities and commercial transactions.
Audit Support and Public Company Compliance:
- Manage the PwC audit process with respect to legal/Corp Secretary and help pull records for audits.
- Drive the PwC filing process meetings (as outlined in the audit processes) including timing and preparation necessary to make the meetings meet the PwC compliance requirements.
- Manage PwC document management for audit-related purposes.
- Managing corporate document and minutes archival structure.
Who you are:
- 4-5+ years of experience in legal operations, corporate paralegal or relevant experience.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Careful attention to detail and strong quality of work product.
- Able to make decisions and move projects forward, sometimes with limited information.
- Comfortable working within an environment where transparency is the norm.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.