Asana’s core Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications. We have engineering teams responsible for Asana’s storage, data services, and services responsible for orchestrating our cross regional architecture. Our role is to combine industry best-practices and innovation to support our product development as we continue with our fast-paced growth.
We’re looking for engineers interested in working on Infrastructure to build and operate software to make Asana stable, scalable, and fast. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and your innovation with a ground-breaking reactive framework. You’ll design software to process, query, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
What you'll do
- Design, build and operate services that are the foundation of Asana’s application
- Design and implement tooling, and automations responsible for clustering, scaling, and monitoring our infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally with our product engineering organization to co-create reliable and impactful functionality supporting our current and future customers
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, ideally backend-focused
- Have expertise in programming and computer science, and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Focus on eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable, and performant systems
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.