Software Engineer, Developer Efficiency
We’re looking for people who are passionate about putting the flow into workflow for Asana engineers, and ensuring that we have fast, useful, and reliable tools for all parts of our edit-compile-test cycle. You love reflecting on how you can work more efficiently, have empathy for your fellow engineers, and are motivated by knowing your work has a huge impact on engineering output. You’ll help us architect a set of complex and interrelated systems: builds and bundling, compilation speed, testing and debugging, continuous integration (CI), git workflow, environment setup, and more.
You’ll be part of the Developer Efficiency team, partnering closely with all Product Engineering teams at Asana to understand pain points around workflows and helping make them faster and more reliable. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you’ll achieve
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our build system and continuous integration system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, and polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Simplify the architecture of our development sandboxes to reduce the chance of misconfiguration and breakages
- Keep Asana up to date on open source trends and identify new opportunities for improved developer efficiency
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, ideally backend-focused
- Experience using Python
- Familiarity with build tooling and automated testing; interest in distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment in eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable, and performant systems
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience (for our engineers!); attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.