We are looking for an experienced product manager within our Scale area, the set of teams responsible for ensuring that Asana thrives at the world's largest companies. You are an experienced product manager who wants to think about what makes collaboration work really well at scale, when there are thousands of employees and their interconnected work all coming together in various collaboration platforms. You love thinking about systems and relationships: if we turn a knob here, how does it affect everything and everybody else in the product? You reject the false tradeoff that enterprise software has to be complex, hard to use and are excited about being at the forefront of the new wave of consumer-like experiences in the enterprise.
The Product Management team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana's vision. We are responsible for our product from strategy to execution, and we contribute to a great product alongside our designers, engineers, founders, user operations team, sales team, marketing team, and other PMs. We drive more than just the work: from process improvements to influencing our product roadmap, we take part in every step of development—and continue tracking our work even after launch.
The Consistency & Control product manager will think about this through the lens of controls: what kind of customizations or standardizations might somebody deploying Asana widely across an organization want to have? How does that impact the user experience for everybody at the company using Asana? How might these controls make Asana more successful within an organization?
What you’ll achieve
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your team and the teams it will touch.
- Ruthlessly prioritize customer value and clearly articulate what’s needed so your team can focus and execute quickly.
- Address highest priority needs of our customers, on one of the fastest growing parts of the product and business organizations.
- Impact the direction or our enterprise business and increase the reach of the Asana product.
- 4+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Empathetic and analytic: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Executional ownership: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Velocity accelerant: problem-solves across the organization. Anticipates problems and solves them before they impact teams.
- Team builder: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.