Asana’s Customer Education team is looking for an experienced facilitator and learning experience designer to deliver impactful training and develop effective, delightful learning experiences for Asana customers.
As a member of the Customer Education team, you’ll be part of a team that cares deeply about creating learning experiences that deliver delight and value at scale. We want our customers to not only become Asana experts, but champions of our brand. Our training programs, including our partnership with Asana’s Community team and the Asana Together World Tour program, are central to that strategy.
This role reports to the Customer Education Program Lead and will be based in San Francisco.
As Learning Experience Designer & Facilitator, you’ll:
- Develop, deliver, maintain, and improve customer-facing educational content, including written guides, e-learning courses, live trainings, videos, and webinars, utilizing adult learning principles to produce effective learner outcomes
- Partner with the Community team to facilitate Asana Together World Tour workshops (currently virtual, but eventually in person at various locations throughout the US)
- Develop and deliver other virtual training webinars and workshops for our customers, helping them realize value with Asana
- Maintain, update, and revise training content (scripts, decks, etc.) for Asana Together World Tour in-person and virtual workshops
- Facilitate gathering and leveraging community-member-created content in instructional materials
- Analyze the effectiveness of educational content and continuously improve our customers’ learning experience via data-driven decision-making
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners and identify new opportunities for the Education team to collaborate on high impact initiatives.
- You love people (and especially customers). You love what they say. You love to be inspired by their stories. You can’t wait to engage with them every day.
- Exceptionally strong and engaging instructional and content design skills
- Uncanny ability to break down complexity into simple, digestible parts
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training to a variety of audiences, both online and offline, via a variety of mediums.
- Well-spoken, professional, and comfortable in front of any audience as you’ll be representing the Asana brand.
- You are curious and listen well, absorbing different views and capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course and charging forward.
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and increasingly global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you’ll be creating content (both on your own and in conjunction with other teams).
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and ready to jump on new projects and opportunities (even if loosely defined out of the initially defined job scope).
- Ability to travel regionally and globally (once safe to do so), 20-40% of the time.
- 5+ years in instructional design, e-learning, and/or training
Nice to Haves
- Experience building and optimizing content within an LMS (e.g. Skilljar)
- Experience with eLearning tools like Articulate or Captivate
- Experience with video editing software (e.g. Camtasia, FinalCutPro)
- Experience with graphic design, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics
- Experience working in a high-growth, B2B SaaS company
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.