We're looking for an empathetic and insightful Engineering Manager to lead our Team-wide Adoption product engineering team. Team-wide Adoption builds and refines the in-product experiences that help full teams find sustained success in their first month of using Asana. The team's work is essential to Asana's success as a business and in achieving its mission to help the world's teams.
Previous Team-wide Adoption projects include Asana Home, a complete redesign of the Asana Grid and Task Pane, custom Project icons and colors, Appreciations, Boards 2.0, Project Overview, and many other experiments and improvements.
The team uses both rapid prototyping and polished, high-quality engineering techniques to develop and discover new ways of helping new customers change the way that they collaborate for the better. It collaborates with other Adoption teams, such as First Experience, which focuses on customers' very first visits, and Intra-Company Growth, which helps successful teams spread Asana throughout their organization. Together, we work to form a cohesive and transformational customer journey that delights and empowers millions of teams.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage a team of 7-8 full-stack web product engineers
- Partner with the team's product managers, designers, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Work with our data scientists and user researchers to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their challenges
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of experience managing a technical team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are kind and intellectually mature
- You are willing and able to dive into code yourself
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.