We’re looking for an experienced creative designer to join the Brand Design team and help define a unique web experience for the Asana brand. Reporting to the Interactive Design Manager, you’ll work closely with talented designers, web developers, marketers and leadership to champion the Asana brand across the organization.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 190 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Design team at Asana is a tightly knit group of diverse creatives that makes thoughtful, beautiful, brand design work across owned, earned, and paid channels, to product launches. We tell Asana’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that our customers love.
You’ll work with in-house resources as well as external agencies and vendors to ensure our interactive work is extraordinary. The ideal candidate will have a proven record in graphic design and art direction for the web, with experience leading design and managing small to medium-scale web design and email projects while leveraging brand guidelines and design systems.
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate with marketers, web developers, producers, and product managers to define and execute Asana’s interactive experience from concept to execution
- Partner closely with writers, illustrators, designers and web developers to bring campaigns, product launches, email campaigns and brand initiatives to life on the web
- Innovate on and create work that delights our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our brand across channels
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Co-create a web platform that elevates the Asana brand while enabling content-creators to launch marketing experiences faster within Asana
- Lead design efforts on external marketing and internal community-building design projects independently working cross-functionally with partners
- Meet key goals and success metrics for your design projects
- Work autonomously on open-ended problems that impact other programs, and contribute a strong design perspective
- 2+ years experience in web UI and interactive design, in-house and/or agency, managing medium-scale web design projects
- Strong understanding of visual design principles and branding
- Comfortable understanding of UX philosophy and process
- Able to flex in responsive web design from experience concept to pixel-perfect execution
- Core graphic design abilities including illustration and visual design for web assets and graphics
- Detail-oriented, strategic and systems-level thinker
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping marketing web product experiences
- Strong level understanding of tools like Figma and Adobe CC
- Experience building web design systems and/or guidelines a plus
- Email marketing and design experience a plus
- Motion experience a plus
- HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.