We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Observability team is responsible for providing tools, frameworks, and guidelines to empower Asana’s developers to monitor and understand the behavior of the features, services, and infrastructure they own and maintain. Our customers rely on Asana as their source of truth for what work needs to be done, being able to understand Asana’s behavior is critical to the success of the company.
The Observability team owns the telemetry (events, metrics, traces, logs) frameworks used throughout Asana and the services and infrastructure to capture, transport, and store the telemetry they emit. You’ll help the team understand and address the gaps in functionality that matter to our internal users and how our tooling needs to evolve as Asana scales. Additionally, this team empowers and teaches product, infrastructure, and data teams how to appropriately monitor features and services they own.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage three engineers while contributing to the day-to-day technical work
- Mentor and coach the existing engineers and Program Lead
- Shape the Observability team’s roadmap and vision
- Identify staffing needs, recruit for, and grow the team
- Set and evolve the processes and culture on the team
- Pair with the Program Lead on defining how the team should evolve and interact with the rest of Asana
- Help educate the rest of the engineering organization about how to appropriately monitor features, services and infrastructure they own
- Participate in setting in identifying opportunities and improving the processes and culture of the engineering organization in general
- 1+ year of engineering management experience in an infrastructure team
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Customer-oriented mindset, balancing needs of multiple stake-holders
- Prior experience with observability engineering and data intensive applications is a plus
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.