Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence team at Asana creates analytic solutions that allow our business partners to turn data into actionable items. We’re looking for a teammate passionate about how our business operates, from finance to sales, marketing, recruiting and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, marketing automation, how the marketing and sales team operate together, and financial metrics reporting.
We are looking for someone with a unique mix of technical and strategic skills who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
What you’ll achieve
- Deploy and maintain the tools and integrations that Asana business decision makers use day to day. Automate key parts of reporting processes
- Work with the team to build datasets that allow deep insight into business processes and opportunities
- Empower Asana business teams to unlock actionable insights through data analysis, investigation, and visualization
- Support and maintain data that drives our business model and growth projections
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Business Technology teammates to support shared systems, data and infrastructure
- Education and/or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Economics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- At least 6 years experience in a Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Data Engineer, or equivalent role handling large volumes of data and building scalable systems
- Strong SQL skills, with the ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc. Strong data modeling skills.
- Advanced data visualization skills using business intelligence solutions in at least one of: Tableau, Looker, SiSense (Periscope). Tableau is strongly preferred.
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and advantages & disadvantages of different types of systems (OLAP, OLTP, etc.).
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages used for data processing: R, Python, Scala, Go, Matlab, Octave, or Julia. Python is strongly preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing technologies preferably Redshift and Snowflake.
- Listening/communication skills and a sense of empathy towards colleagues in different functions.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic team - can define your own priorities, requirements and goals from company context.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.